The Journal of Automated Reasoning Special Issue on
Call for Papers
With improving technology, theorem proving and related methods are
successfully being applied to larger problems and used in more domains.
To further disseminate developments and results in this area, a special
issue of the Journal of Automated Reasoning dedicated to empirically
successful automated reasoning will be published.
We invite submission of articles describing work on the implementation
and deployment of working automated reasoning systems and applications.
Both participants of the successful
at CADE-20 and other authors
are invited to submit contributions. Submissions should be mature
journal articles. They may address any aspect of "really working"
systems and applications, and should not focus on theoretical ideas
that have not yet been translated into working software.
Similar to the ESCAR-workshop, this special issue will have two tracks,
one for systems and one for applications. Suggested topics include, but
are not limited to:
- Implementation techniques and comparisons
- Data structures and algorithms for the efficient representation of
terms, formulae, search states, etc., e.g. new indexing techniques,
efficient implemetation of simplification orderings, etc.
- Higher level data structures and formats for the representation of
proof tasks and derivations, proof and lemma storage, etc.
- Implemented and evaluated heuristics
- Descriptions of automated reasoning solutions in application domains
- Experience with practical applications
- Encoding of domain problems into logic, and decoding of logic
solutions back into the domain
- Special automated reasoning techniques for applications
- User interfaces (to entire systems, not just the automated
- System integration
Submissions should be written in general terms understandable by the
usual audience of the journal. They will be fully refereed to usual
Submissions should be formatted according to
guidelines, and preferably be written in
- Submission - December 5, 2005
- Notification - Delayed until mid-February (we got a LOT of submissions :-)
- Camera ready - Delayed until 3 April, 2006
Websites and Submission procedure
Submission is via
EasyChair (thanks to Andrei Voronkov).
Please feel free to send any questions to